Thursday, February 12, 2009

Video of the Week: Joaquin Pheonix on Letterman

So this is about the weirdest thing I've seen in awhile. I realize that Joaquin Phoenix has said that he is retiring from acting so that he can pursue a career in hip-hop, but it looks like he's checked out a little early. Here he is on Letterman, pretty much despondent and maybe a bit angry about something (even before Letterman mocks him). I expect this kind of thing from people who aren't used to being interviewed, but it's not like he hasn't done this before. Watch the video below and be completely dumbfounded by Phoenix's complete lack of . . . well, anything.



What did you think?

1 comment:

--- said...

I saw that "interview" and laughed myself silly. Letterman did a fantastic job. He looks like he just got out of a Viet Cong prison camp. And hip hop music? HA!