Friday, August 8, 2008

A Sneek Peek at The Road


I have to tell you. I’m not usually the type to get all weak in the knees at the prospect of looking at stills of a movie in production. When I see that Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince pictures have been released on the web, I shrug my shoulders while other salivate, or do an in-depth analysis of a the new trailer (I’m looking at you RottenTomatoes). So, I would not in good conscience subject you all to my inner fanboy, but this one is special.

USA Today has posted the first look at The Road, based on the Cormac McCarthy’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. It stars Viggo Mortensen, Charlize Theron, and 11 year-old Kodi Smit-McPhee.

I bring you this news simply because I am excited about it. It is a movie based on a book by my favorite author, in my favorite genre (sci-fi), and starts one of my favorite actors (Viggo Mortensen, although Charlize Theron is no slouch). A trifecta for me. Anyway, I hope you are as excited as I am (and praying that it doesn’t turn out really badly). Read the article, including some insights from Mortensen, and check out the pictures here.

What do you think about The Road? Leave a comment below.

No comments: